Serious Mental Illness: Comprehensive Case Management
Kindle Fire|Amazon Kindle Fire
Barnes & Noble Nook Color
Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Opus
Gnu/Linux Operating System
Pocketbook 301 Plus, 302, 360°
When available, the Online Course format is included with the hard copy, eBook, or audio book formats!
People with serious mental illness may experience various problems that interfere with community living. Comprehensive services have been developed to support these clients live successfully in the community. This basic-level course presents the history of deinstitutionalization and describes characteristics of people with severe mental illness. Information is provided on two currently used case management models: clinical case management and assertive community treatment. These approaches integrate a broad array of treatments to help decrease repeat psychiatric hospitalizations facilitate living in the community and support clients in their efforts to maintain a high quality of life.
Participants will receive 3 (Clinical Content) continuing education clock hours upon successfully completing this course.
- Describe the characteristics of persons with serious mental illness.
- Define the concept of a single point of responsibility.
- Explain the concept of psychiatric rehabilitation.
- Identify interventions used when working with clients who have serious mental illness.
- Discuss clinical case management and assertive community treatment models.
Lynne A. Kellner, PhD, received her doctorate in Counseling Psychology from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 1994. She has worked as an outpatient psychologist, mostly with children and families from disadvantaged backgrounds. Currently, she is Associate Professor of Behavioral Sciences at Fitchburg State College in Massachusetts, teaching in the Human Services and graduate Counseling programs.
- Contact hours will be awarded for up to one (1) year from the date the course is ordered.
- You must score 75% or higher on the final exam and complete the course evaluation to pass this course and receive a certificate of completion.
- Through our review processes, Western Schools ensures that this course content is presented in a balanced, unbiased manner and is free from commercial influence. It is Western Schools’ policy not to accept commercial support.
- All persons involved in the planning and development of this course have disclosed no relevant financial relationships or other conflicts of interest related to the course content.