Select Discipline & State
Save 10% on your next order.
Sign up for our Newsletter Today:
Previous | Next
Multiple Sclerosis: Nursing Strategies to Improve Patient Outcomes
PhD, RN, ACNS-BC
3 CONTACT HOURS
(Includes 1 pharm hours)
Regular Price: $19.95
Item No. N1326
Course book (39 pages)
This course provides nurses with an introduction to the comprehensive care needed by individuals and families living with multiple sclerosis (MS). Nurses who are knowledgeable and sensitive to the issues faced by patients with MS are more effective in educating, motivating and supporting those living with this unpredictable chronic neurological condition.
- Identify strategies to manage common symptoms in MS.
- State safe and appropriate techniques for the administration of disease-modifying medications for MS.
- Describe measures taken to monitor for potential complications in MS patients taking disease-modifying medications for MS.
- Describe strategies to educate and motivate patients/families living with MS.
- Describe the psychosocial issues affecting patients and families living with MS.
- Recognize the value of research from various disciplines that provide evidence for enhancing nursing practice in MS.
- Identify resources to assist patients and families living with MS.
* * California Nursing Home Administrator Program - NHAP approved for 3 hours.
What customers are saying...