Select Discipline & State
Save 10% on your next order.
Sign up for our Newsletter Today:
Previous | Next
RNC, MSN, MHA
RN, CRNA, MS
25 CONTACT HOURS
Regular Price: $69.95
Item No. N1271
1 course book (232 pages)
Become more effective and confident in caring for the normal childbearing woman and her family, from the initial diagnosis of pregnancy through the antepartum period, labor, delivery, and immediate postpartum recovery, to her discharge. Care of the low-risk newborn will also be highlighted.
- Identify physiological changes that occur during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Specify nursing assessment and intervention strategies for the mother and fetus during the various stages of pregnancy and postpartum.
- Discuss methods for providing effective patient education and support.
- Differentiate normal labor stages and patterns and explore the principles of delivery management.
- Specify methods of pain relief that are most effective during labor and delivery.
- Explore breastfeeding, its advantages/disadvantages, and effective problem-solving techniques.
What customers are saying...
- Read Reviews (3)
10/20/2010 11:55:00 PM
This course had a lot of information. I enjoyed it in dual format because I don''t like to "read" a computer screen, and a book allows me to flip back and forth to review facts. The course is inexpensive for the CEUs. The only negative about this course is that the book is getting a little old. It cites statistics that are mostly from 1999 and 2000. I wish the statistics were updated, but the material itself is still helpful.
1/8/2007 11:02:39 AM
Interesting, informative, user friendly online course. Price was great for the amount of hours. Christina RN -Kansas
12/13/2006 9:35:46 AM
Maternal-Newborn Nursing was the first course I have taken through Western Schools. It was user-friendly, provided excellent information, and really kept my attention.
Deborah, RN - Ohio