Select Discipline & State
Save 10% on your next order.
Sign up for our Newsletter Today:
Previous | Next
Psychosocial Issues Affecting Older Adults
17 CONTACT HOURS
(Includes 2 pharm hours)
Regular Price: $49.95
Item No. N1257
Course book (195 pages)
This course discusses common psychosocial issues affecting older adults and the health outcomes they can produce.
California Nursing Home Administrator Program - NHAP approved for 10 hours
- Identify factors that influence the aging process and the health of older adults.
- Discuss theories of aging, including normal age related changes.
- Describe basic principles for nurses working with older adults.
- Identify common cognitive changes of older adults and strategies for behavioral management.
- Discuss the identification and treatment of common mental health problems in the aging population.
- List ways in which psychosocial factors affect the older adult’s overall well-being.
- Explore key issues of the older adult in different care settings.
- Describe legal issues that are pertinent to the older adult.
* This course is an extraction of, and should not be taken in conjunction with, Nursing Care of the Older Adult.
What customers are saying...
- Read Reviews (5)
12/16/2010 2:08:57 PM
This course was the best I've taken (and I've been a nurse for more than 30 years). I chose this course for personal reasons, not professional. I'm dealing with aging parents. This course presented answers to my questions, but also presented the questions I should ask of caretakers and insurance providers. It also helped my family address legal rights. It provided direction and support.
10/9/2009 1:10:21 PM
Very enlightening course. Very nice points relating to death and dying and the levels of the grieving process as my father has died in the past week and it has helped me to understand my own family's struggle with death. I would suggest this course to a nurse in any field of practice!
5/27/2009 1:51:24 PM
This course was an excellent review of things previously learned and provided more insight into topics. Certainly of value for anyone working with the elderly
2/13/2008 9:17:59 AM
This course was very interesting and gave alot of insight on the many issues affecting our older population. It brought alot of insight into certain areas that are not often addressed in a geriatric setting.
8/7/2006 10:30:59 AM
This course was excellent; I recommend it to anyone working with the elderly.