Western Schools is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Western Schools was awarded Accreditation with Distinction, the highest recognition awarded by the ANCC's Accreditation Program.
Western Schools is approved by the following state nursing boards:
- California Board of Registered Nursing - (provider #14367)
- California Board of Vocational Nursing (provider #V10762) and Psychiatric Technicians (provider #V10760)
- District of Columbia Board of Nursing (provider #50-2165). Western Schools submits all continuing education records to CEBROKER after successful course completion.
- Florida Board of Nursing - (provider #50-2165). Western Schools submits all continuing education records to CEBROKER after successful course completion.
- Georgia Board of Nursing - (provider #50-2165). Western Schools submits all continuing education records to CEBROKER after successful course completion.
- Iowa Board of Nursing - (provider #227) Completed course evaluations may be submitted directly to the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Kentucky Board of Nursing - (provider #70029 expires December 31, 2017)
- Louisiana Board of Nursing - (provider #LSBN10)
- New York Education Dept - Infection Control Training - (provider #IC140)
- West Virginia Board of Registered Nurses - (provider #WV1996-0076RN)
Nursing boards in all states requiring continuing education and numerous national certifying organizations accept courses offered by ANCC accredited providers. As an ANCC accredited provider, the following organizations recognize CE offered by Western Schools:
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- AACN Certification Corporation
- Competency and Credentialing Institute
- Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing
- Forensic Nursing Certification Board
- Genetic Nursing Credentialing Commission
- National Certification Corporation
- National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators
- Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
- Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
NURSING HOME ADMINISTRATOR APPROVALS:
NOTE: Under the guidelines of the California Board of Nursing Home Administrator Program, a maximum of ten (10) hours of CE credit will be granted per individual home study course regardless of course length.
PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN APPROVALS:
- Western Schools is approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians to provide continuing education to psychiatric technicians. (Provider #V10760)
- Western Schools courses are accepted by the American Association of Psychiatric Technicians.
RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONERS:
- California Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP) – The Respiratory Care Board of California accepts CE offered by California Board of Registered Nursing approved providers.
- As an ANCC accredited provider, the following Respiratory Therapy State Boards accept courses offered by Western Schools: Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington